While many smokers feel fit and healthy, local research reports that about one-third of deaths among middle-aged men in Hong Kong are related to smoking...
There are enormous benefits to be gained by quitting smoking. If you quit, here are only a few of the benefits:
For your own physical health-
- You reduce your chance of developing cancer, lung disease, heart disease or a stroke.
- You are less likely to develop coughs or colds.
- You are less likely to develop erectile dysfunction; your erections will become firmer and longer-lasting.
- Your breath will become more fresh.
- Your ability to taste and smell improves.
For your social life-
- You will look better when the stain on your teeth and fingers caused by the tar in cigarettes gradually fade.
- Your clothes will be cleaner and smell better.
- You will be back in full control and no longer distracted from work when not smoking or not able to smoke.
- You will have more money to spend on other things.
For your family-
- Your sperm count will be improved; you will have a better chance of having a healthy baby.
- You will become a non-smoking role model, setting a good example to the kids (or other people's kids).
- Reduce your family member's risk of developing lung cancer due to second-hand smoking.
No matter how old you are, it is never too late to stop smoking. As soon as you give up smoking, your body begins to repair the damage caused by smoking, and you start to reduce the risk of smoking-related diseases. Your health, presentation and performance will improve over time. The sooner you stop smoking, the earlier you will enjoy the benefits. Therefore, stop smoking now!